Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

The Breakfast Dilemma

So this morning I woke up and had a hunger, but I had no idea what I wanted to eat, something that happens more frequent than not.  I opened the fridge and amidst many tasty treats I decided to go the yogurt route.

I enjoy Greek Yogurt, I don't know what it is but I think it is just better than regular yogurt.  The only downside is that you can't eat it by itself, so I got creative and added my summer favorites to make the best summer yogurt parfait.


The Recipe
1/2 c greek yogurt (plain)
1 TBSP Agave Nectar
1 large strawberry sliced
1/2 c Blackberries
handful of blueberries
2 TBSP granola ( I like Red Mills Apple Strawberry, but any kind is good)
handful of almonds
1TBSP chopped walnuts

Not only is this breakfast healthy, it has a bit of a kick.   To go with my yogurt I had a cup of Coconut Cream Coffee with some almond milk and I sat down with my newest book The Help which if you aren't reading you need to start because it is really good.











It was the best way to start the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment