Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Touch of Inspiration

Its the summer so my days are filled with relaxing by the pool, going to the gym, baking and work.  Yesterday I realized how wonderful my job really is when you are an amateur baker.  Yesterday work allowed me to brainstorm new ideas for recipes.  I work at a grocery store so with each passing customer I had something new to think about. Each customer brought a new inspiration.

This morning I woke up and was trying to decide what to bake next and ended up thinking about all the things I have around me as inspiration.

Today I thought about all the things that inspire me.


 I spent my spring break in Italy which is probably why I am currently obsessed with all things Italian.  This book is probably one of the best summer reads, and I am only about 75 pages in.  I hope you will give it a read.
I am always looking for something to make so I created my "stash" of goodies for whenever I get the urge to bake. I love spontaneous recipes because they are often the greatest things ever.

 Im pretty sure anyone who considers themselves a chef, or foodie has a copy of Mastering the Art of French Cooking.  Though I have not been brave enough to attempt any of these recipes yet, Julia herself inspires me.  She was "fearless" in the kitchen and that is how I want to be while baking.




 Just look at this face...
This is Jack and I love to bake for him, yes I bake for my pup.  



This is the pond, nature is so inspiring because it just shows all the natural beauty in the world.  Also, in the summer I love to put real flowers on my creations to add that bit of color to whatever I am making

When all my other inspiring things fail, I always have my baking books to give me an idea! I Love these because the help me think outside of the box.


This is what inspires me, but I want to know what inspires you in your everyday live?????

No comments:

Post a Comment