Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Living the life of a Pilgrim.

Hello readers,

So last night I decided that I was going to make delicious blueberry coffee cake muffins, however, mother nature had a different idea for me... that was a night in the dark.  Thanks to the wonderfully wicked storm that came through my neck of the woods I have been left without power.  This means no baking (wah).  Instead of making my yummy coffee cake my best friend Alyssa and I decided to live like the pilgrims.  We decided that a game of cards would help make our night a  bit more eventful.

Mamma T, Alyssa and I sat around the table with about 15 candles and flashlights so we could see our cards and dined of some cut up strawberries with some splenda and made stove-top coffee.  The night ended up being quite fun and I went to bed hoping that when I woke up there would be light.... unfortunately that wasn't the case.  So once again I am unable to bake.  And with all the damage in my town it may be a few days before I can give you all some more yummy treats.  Until then I what you to continue to bake (in my honor) and if you have requests for some recipes you would like me to make let me know.  But for now I will be relaxing at grandmas, thanking god that she has air conditioning.

p.s - sometimes coffee and sweet strawberries are the perfect summer treat.


Tootles
Lizzi T

No comments:

Post a Comment