Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Lunch Anyone?

My "food rut" has extended to everything I eat, and it is starting to get annoying.  Yogurt with fruit and granola for breakfast, egg white omelet for lunch and something yummy that mama T makes for dinner (can't really complain there).  Yesterday, I decided that it was time I venture back into the world of sandwiches.  I blame the internet because while I was searching away I found a recipe for grilled cheese, which by itself is eh, but when you add turkey and tomato it becomes the greatest sandwich I have ever eaten.

The Recipe
2 slices of Sesame Ezekiel Bread
2 slices of American Cheese
2 slices of Turkey
one slice of Tomato
(*cook like a regular Grilled Cheese)

I bit into this sandwich expecting it to taste like any other, however, this was a BLT in disguise.  It was probably the best thing I have ever made!!

Today I decided to continue exploring new things to eat and for breakfast had a bowl of Multigrain Cheerios with blueberries, strawberries and walnuts, topped with some almond milk.

After the gym I decided that a recovery shake was what would be lunch for the day so I ordered a Mango Tango Smoothie.  If you want to make a version of this at home take orange juice, frozen mango, frozen strawberries and ice and blend.  It is quite good!!!

Now as I write this, and wait for my Banana muffins to cool I am considering all the possibilities of what I can make for dinner??? hmm decisions, decisions.


Do you have any go-to favorites or quick dinners that are your favorite???

No comments:

Post a Comment