Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Half and Half

I have been creating new recipes in my head as I drive to and from work, 1) it makes the drive a bit quicker, and 2) I like making new things.  So yesterday I was thinking about one of my favorite cookies; Black and White cookies (aka the greatest thing ever made) and then I thought about the sugar-free biscotti I was going to make to bring to my grandmothers.  Then while at a stop light the two ideas got crossed and I thought why can't you make a black and white biscotti.

Well today after my delicious lunch of spinach and strawberry salad I decided to give it a try.
1 cup spinach leaves,  3 strawberries sliced, one mushroom sliced, 1 tbsp sliced almonds and sunflower seeds.


I then took my mothers biscotti recipe, once all the ingredients were mixed together I separated the batter into two bowls and  in one of the bowls I mixed in coco powder and white chips.  In the bowl that I kept original flavor I mixed in some dark chocolate chips.  Then when I made my biscotti "pancakes" I put a dollop of chocolate batter and a dollop of original batter next to each other and then created one circle.   They took the same amount of time and when they had cooled they looked like the perfect combination of chocolate and vanilla.

so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment